Getting a burn quite easily: they were inaccurated for the iron, tilted the mug with hot tea, fell asleep on the beach, etc. What to do when injury is obtained? When can the burn you can cure yourself, and when it is necessary to immediately cause ambulance?
First aid for burns 1 and 2 degrees
Immediately, we note that when burning 3-4 degrees, it is necessary to stop the action of the affecting factor and immediately cause an ambulance. Then the damaged area should be cooled, and a person is to calm, warm and give an anesthetic if he is conscious.
|It is strictly forbidden to tear or skip the clothes sticking to the skin or try to treat heavy burns at home. The methods of "folk" or "non-traditional" medicine are not applicable here and is fraught with extremely deposits.|
First aid with thermal burn:
- Hold the affected area under cold water 10-15 minutes or make a cool wet compress,
- If necessary, give the injured anesthetic,
- Process the scene of the burn with a solution of lidocaine or novocaine,
- To impose an oath or hydrocolelo-shaped dressing, for example, bronolond H or hydrocall.
If the lesion area is more than 10% or the victim over 60 years old, hospitalization is necessary.
What should be done nonsense:
- Lubricate the burnt area with kefir or sour cream.
- Cover the burn of wet gauze, bandages, sheets, etc.
- Punch bubbles.
- Use fatty, oil cosmetic and children's creams.
- Mind burn with iodine, green or manganese.
First aid for chemical burns:
- Remove the clothes on which the chemical may remain, which caused the burn.
- Wash the skin with running water to eliminate the malicious substance - at least 25 minutes (with the exception of funds, when using water contact is prohibited - for example, aluminum).
- Rinse the affected area:
- With an acid damage - 2-3% solution of food soda (1 teaspoon of 2.5 glasses of water),
- With damage to the alkali - 1-2% solution of citric, boring or acetic acid.
- If necessary, take an anesthetic.
- To impose a free, dry and sterile bandage of gauze or bandage.
What should be done nonsense:
- Wash the substances with tampons and napkins - so they only deeper into the skin.
- Use cotton instead of bandage.
When is hospitalized required?
- lesion area more than 7%,
- The substance fell into the eye or esophagus,
- The victim is in a shock,
- Strong pain that cannot be removed using non-pressed analgesics.
First Aid with Electric Burn:
- Stop the impact of current on the affected - pull the cord from the outlet, push away the person from the electrocer, etc.
- Lay the victim to a flat surface and lift his legs so that they are above the head.
- Call an ambulance in order to avoid deterioration of the state, because Electric kick may cause breathing problems or heart.
- Damaged limbs to cover sterile bandage to prevent injury infections.
Important! Before assisting, make sure that there are no metallic objects. Do not touch the affected naked hands when it is energized. Avoid contact with water.
First Aid for Radiation Burn:
- Put on burn napkins impregnated with disinfecting solution.
- Rinse the affected area with soapy water.
- Lubricate with children's cream.
Treatment of burns at home
In hospitals, patients with strong burns, qualified assistance are provided by doctors, but when they burn 1-2 degrees and a small lesion area, it is possible to be treated at home. What to treat a burn at home?
Solutions and gels
All listed bandages contribute to protection and accelerate wound healing.
Last updated: 03.03.2021
The content of the article
In everyday life, we are having a danger of obtaining thermal, chemical and radial burns.
With thermal burns, the lesions of the tissue occurs due to the effects of high temperatures. The cause of chemical burn can be cleaning products. And the solar burn known to everyone belongs to beam.
In the depth of defeat, burns are divided by 4 degrees: in everyday life we are faced with the first two. With the first degree, the skin bluses, hurts, then a small swelling appears. But everything passes in a few days. With a second degree burn, transparent bubbles appear in addition to pain and edema. Everything completely passes in a few weeks.
As a rule, the treatment of light burns is possible at home, without the involvement of a doctor, with the help of antitrigative means. But if the defeat of the second degree or above, there is no one to do with one home treatment, it is necessary to make an appointment with a specialist.
The choice of funds depends on the degree of lesion (it can be gel, ointment, cream, folk remedies, etc.). Consider popular funds from burns More.
The treatment of the first degree burn can be performed at home, but if you have received an extensive defeat of the second degree and above, you must consult a doctor.
Depending on the depth of the lesion, the means is selected.
Treatment of skin burn - it is important to choose a suitable agent.
To relieve pain and prevent the appearance of traces on the skin, it is necessary to care for damaged skin using a suitable remedy for burns.
A lot of their varieties are presented on sale, relieving pain and contributing to rapid healing.
Funds from burns sold in a pharmacy
To date, in the pharmacy, you can purchase antitrious products of different types and forms of release. They are somewhat different in their characteristics.
Aerosols are effective when providing first aid immediately after receiving the burn. It is about lesion 1 and 2 degrees if there are no open wounds on the surface of the skin. In this case, the use of aerosol will help remove pain symptoms, the tool will perfectly cope with edema and redness. A convenient form will allow you to apply it without touching the affected skin: spray or foam spray remotely.
The principle of action is very simple: the aerosol is shaken and sprayed from a 15-tisantimeter distance to the burn, the bottle needs to be kept vertically.
There are light aerosols and aerosols with foaming components for damage to 2 severity.
Gel from Burn
Gels from burns have a light texture and low-fat composition, they quickly absorb, remove primary symptoms after skin lesions, additionally soothe and moisturize. Unfortunately, the gels are not suitable for the treatment of deep skin burns - only lungs and not extensive lesions of the 1st, less often 2 degrees.
Unfortunately, the gels are not suitable for the treatment of deep skin injuries - only lungs and unstable lesions 1, less often than 2 degrees.
Ointment of burns
More thick and viscous than gel. Mazi is advisable to apply with burns 1 and 2 degrees and at all stages of healing more serious burns. The doctors are also recommended to do compresses with anti-harm ointments to a damaged skin area - their composition often includes components accelerating regeneration.
Cream of burns
The creams that can be shown after burns include special components:
- Reducing inflammation (for example, violet and turn extracts),
- Providing antimicrobial and disinfection effect (for example, walnut extract, iodine),
- Accelerating the process of regeneration of skin cells (for example, vitamin B5).
Creams from burns not only contribute to the healing of the damaged area of the skin, but also have a moisturizing and nutrient effect. One of the advantages of creams is that their use has a positive effect on the state of the skin as a whole.
Anti-spare napkins and dressings
Refer to the means of first aid. Their surface is impregnated with a special composition, allowing to remove the first painful symptoms.
The main advantage of these means - the napkins is convenient to use in the "field" conditions. They can always be captured with them hike, and if someone accidentally burns down on the fire, you can help the victim.
Antitrog bandages are superimposed on the affected place in anticipation of the arrival of the ambulance.
Modern anti-spare drugs: an overview of effective funds
A variety of remedies against burns are presented on the market: sprays, gels, ointments and creams that have anti-inflammatory, disinfecting, healing and soothing effect, contributing to the healing of the affected area. Some preparations themselves are an effective means, others need to be used as auxiliary means.
Panthenol is an antitrogram drug, applied to treat burns of varying severity, produced in the form of spray, gel, ointment, cream and aerosol.
The main active substance is decantenol, accelerating the regeneration of skin cells. Immediately after solar or thermal burn, Panthenol spray is used - it has an anti-inflammatory effect. At the treatment stage, it is better to give preference to ointments, gel or panthenol cream.
Olazol is a tool that is effective with thermal burns. Produced in the form of an aerosol. Due to the components that are part of the drug (leftomycetin, anesthesine, sea buckthorn oil, anhydrous lanolin et al.), Olazol has an anesthetic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect.
Very effective means for thermal damage 1 and 2 degrees.
The drug for outdoor use, which is intended for the treatment of wounds from burns. At the expense of Furatiqilina, which is part of the drug, furaplast has an antiseptic effect. The drug is applied to the scene of the burn with a smooth thin layer to formed a special protective film. The film holds a few days, if it is damaged, it is necessary to apply furaplast again.
Important: Furaplast will not be able to help if inflammatory processes or suppuration began on the damaged skin.
Another active substance is furacilin, has an antiseptic effect.
Please note: use a furaplast is not recommended if there is inflammation and suppuration on the burn site - the film will not give the skin to breathe.
Ointment and SalkoSeril gel is an effective remedy for burns 1, 2 and even non-core damage to 3 degrees. The main active component is the blood extract of cattle, while the drug is cleaned of protein. Such a composition contributes to strengthening metabolism in skin cells, due to which rapid healing occurs.
Gel and ointments are applied directly to the surface after pre-cleansing the skin using a disinfectant solution.
Bepanten has an painful effect. Due to the decantenol, which is included in its composition, Bapten is able to speed up the wound healing process after burns. Also Bepanten can be used as a means for first aid for burns. The drug is available on sale in the form of ointments and cream. In addition, Bepanten is suitable as a means of first aid for burns 1 and 2 degrees: the ointment has an painful effect.
Cream "La Cree" for sensitive skin is designed specifically for removing skin irritations. Including arising after light burns.
This tool includes licorice extracts, violets, turns and bisabolol, which reduce inflammation. The walnut extract has antimicrobial effects, and panthenol and avocado oil soften the skin and stimulate its regeneration.
Due to the absence of dyes and fragrances, the ointment "La Cree" can be used even a newborn. It will become a reliable assistant after burns in children and adults - make sure that yourself!
Suitable as an additional fund. This ointment of domestic production is known for its natural composition and universal medicinal properties. Most likely, there is a lifeguard in your first aid kit - use it in the treatment of burns for their rapid healing.
It is an ointment effectively copes with sunburns. In some cases, it can be used in the prevention of burns after radiation therapy sessions.
Suitable for disinfection of the burn surface. You can apply an armband damage to the affected place or irrigate the burn several times a day with a solution.
If there is no anti-spare drug at hand, then homemade funds from burns can come to the aid.
In how serious the consequences will be, an important role is played by the first aid speed. The best tool in skin burns - to interrupt contact with a hot surface as soon as possible and cool the damaged skin area.
Cooling the skin with water with a burn
If there are no open wounds, keep the affected area under cold water at least 10 minutes. The cold will not only help reduce painful symptoms, but also will not allow the burn to spread further. With chemical burns, it is also necessary to quiet or neutralize the substance.
If there were no suitable drugs in the home aid kit, refer to the "grandmother" methods.
- The place of light burn can be applied to a toothpaste with a content of menthol. It will help to relieve pain, protects from microbes, remove swells. And if you leave it on the skin with a thin layer, the paste will not allow moisture to evaporate from the skin fiber, which means that the skin surface will not disappear. A small burn can even be cured after several drawing toothpastes.
- If at home is growing Aloe flower, you can use it leaves for burning burns. To do this, it will take carefully fluster and cut along one sheet and navigate it to damaged skin. Or you can make a crawler out of the sheet and even squeeze juice for the compress - what is enough forces.
- For the compress you can use tea. You need to firmly brew black or green tea, wash your bandages and wrap the burned area. Due to tanning substances, strong tea contributes to improved blood circulation, which has a positive effect on healing abilities.
- Ground potatoes Well removes the swelling and soothes the pain. Also to the scene of the burn you can attach a cabbage sheet or compress with cabbage juice.
When choosing a suitable agent, it should be remembered that folk recipes are suitable for light burns, as well as at the stage of healing more serious damage.
Be sure to consult a doctor in the following cases:
- Burn above 2 degrees of gravity with the lesion of a large body square.
- A child, an elderly person or a person with serious illnesses suffered.
- Remove the symptoms of the burn did not work out on its own.
- The victim feels bad after the burn: it feels dizziness, nausea, weakness, difficulty breathing, interruption of cardiac rhythm.
- The burned place is a face, neck, a groin area.
We also recommend consultation from a specialist before purchasing funds from burns with antibiotics, taking antihistamine preparations and serious painkillers. In everyday life, we most often face thermal, chemical and radiation burns. With thermal lesions of tissues occurs due to the effects of high temperatures. The cause of chemical burn can be cleaning products. And the solar burn known to everyone belongs to beam, and not to thermal.
In the depth of defeat, burns are divided by 4 degrees. Most often in everyday life we are faced with the first two. With the first degree, the skin bluses, hurts, then a small edema appears. But everything passes in a few days. With a second bore, there are transparent bubbles in addition to pain and enemy. Burn is completely held in a few weeks.
Depending on the depth of the lesion, the remedy for burns is selected. The treatment of the thermal burn of the first degree can be performed at home, but if you have received an extensive revenge burn or stronger defeats, you need to consult a doctor. With burns, children need to contact the doctor already in the case of extensive first degree burns.
The seriousness of the consequences and the duration of treatment largely depend on how and how quickly the first aid was provided. The very first thing with a thermal burn (the burn obtained due to contact with a straight fire, a hot surface or liquid, etc.), it is necessary to interrupt contact with the source of the burn (hot surface, chemical, etc.). If a chemical burn, then the priority task is to neutralize the chemical. With a sunburn - to get away with the sun as soon as possible.
If there are bleeding wounds, then you should immediately call an ambulance or contact the trauma. If there are no wounds, the burn place is needed under cold running water 10-12 minutes.
On the affected skin, it is necessary to impose a clean gauze bandage to avoid infection. The most dangerous burns for the gentle and fine children's skin. Even with a lot of burns, you need to call a doctor's child.
Summarizing: Before the arrival of doctors, you need to cool the wound, impose a clean bandage and take an anesthetic (if necessary). Use anti-spare drugs and folk remedies for burns of the 2nd degree and is recommended above after the affected area of leather will examine the specialist.
Help with burn
Baby burns - This is the case when the rate of assistance is especially important. Tender skin of kids reacts very sharply even on light damage.
In any case, before smearing the burn, it is necessary to consider the amazed plot. If the skin is amazed, before the arrival of the doctors, it is necessary to impose a bandage that will protect against infection in the wound. With a serious burned, you do not need to endure pain. Before providing a qualified first aid with a thermal burn, an anesthetic can be accepted.
Keep track of damaged skin areas
First aid is the first step, the second - proper care for the affected skin. In order not to tolerate pain, avoid redness, blisters, scars and other negative consequences - it is necessary:
- Carefully monitor the burning infection in place.
- Pick up a suitable tool that will help restore the skin after the burn. The choice of funds depends on the degree of skin lesion.
- When healing the burn, a person may experience pain. Do not torment yourself and endure them - you can take an anesthetic. Also, many anti-spare drugs possess the painful effect.
What to smear burns in children?
Toddler skin is particularly sensitive to burns. After two or three years, kids increase physical activity, and it is often difficult for parents to keep track of the child, and the danger lies at every step: for example, hot stove, iron, kettle - houses, bonfires - on the street. When children's burns are important to determine the area of the defeat.
To determine the area of the lesion, the "palm rule" can be used: one children's palm is approximately 1% of the body surface.
To determine the percentage of lesion, it is enough to compare the palm size with the size of the lesion area. It should be taken into account that burns in children are developing faster than in adults: for example, in the infant of the burn when contacting the surface / liquid, the temperature of which is 60 ° C, occurs approximately 10 seconds.
The "La Cree" cream was created specifically for removing skin irritations. Including after light burns. This remedy for burns includes licorice extracts, violets, a turn and bisabolol reduce inflammation, walnut extract has antimicrobial effects, and panthenol and avocado oil soften the skin and stimulate its regeneration. Such a complex is something that you can anoint burns of small severity.
Thanks to the absence of dyes and fragrances,
The non-burning agents from burns "La Cree" are suitable even newborn and become reliable assistants in burns in children.
Opinion of specialists
Conducted clinical study proves high efficiency, safety and portability of TM La Cree products for daily skin care with a light and medium form of atopic dermatitis and during remission, accompanied by a decrease in the quality of life of patients. As a result of therapy, a decrease in the activity of the inflammatory process is noted, a decrease in dryness, itching and peeling.
Clinical studies confirmed that bisabolol inhibits the products of anti-inflammatory mediators NO and PGE2 in cells, reduces the expression of INOS and COX-2 genes by inhibiting the NF-KB and AP-1 signaling pathway. In addition to anti-inflammatory effects, the whitening and clarifying activity of the substance is also proven.
One of the key components of the cream is violet extract. This plant is widely used in medical practice, which is explained by the wealth of its chemical composition. The violets are rich in flavonoids, anthocyanic glycosides, phenolcarboxylic acids are found in their flowers. Plant extract is prescribed by specialists with various skin diseases.
- Yukhtina N.V., modern ideas about atopic dermatitis in children
- Kamasheva G.R., Khakimova R.F. Valullina S.A., Methods for evaluating the severity of atopic dermatitis in young children, Journal Dermatology, 2010
Kovyzina N.A., Fedosimova N.A., Illlek Ya. Yu. Diagnosis of atopic dermatitis in young children, Vyatsky Medical Bulletin, 2007
Burn is damage to soft tissues due to the impact of thermal, chemical, radiation and electrical factors. The most common are thermal burns.
Small burn damage can be treated at home. With deep or extensive burns, it is necessary to consult a doctor as soon as possible. At the same time, the quality of first aid is very important: with small burns, it will make it possible to achieve a speedy healing, and with significant damage - will increase the effectiveness of medical events.
Classification of burns
- By origin, burns are: Thermal
- - arise under the influence of various heat sources: hot objects or liquids, fire, in some cases gases. Chemical
- - from various concentrated chemicals: alkalis, acids, phosphorus, oil derivatives, etc., as they can penetrate deep into the tissue, new damage can be formed over several hours. Radial
- - from a strong or long effect of radioactive or ultraviolet radiation (sun rays, bathing lamps, x-ray radiation, etc.). Electric
- With such burns, blood vessels, nerves, muscles are very badly damaged (since they are well conducted by electricity), the skin can get minimal injuries.
- According to the area and the depth of the lesion of tissues, 4 degrees of burns are distinguished:
- At the first degree, the burn affects only the upper layer of the skin, the epidermis, characterized by the presence of redness, small edema and rigorous pain, usually occurred in a few days (4-5).
- With a second degree of burns, the burns are applied to the dermis (the average layer of the skin) is accompanied by the occurrence of blisters with a transparent yellowish liquid inside and a bright red painful surface under them, with proper treatment and the absence of infection take place in 10-15 days, the scars are not formed.
- With a third degree, all layers of skin are involved in the pathological process, including the subcutaneous tissue, observes the leather areas, the scars are formed during healing.
In the fourth degree burns, the fabrics located under the skin are subject to necrosis: tendons, muscles and bones; Healing occurs over a long period, rude scars are formed on the affected places.
Complications of burns
In the absence of or incorrectly rendered first aid, there may be complications in sufficient treatment. :
- General complications
- Penetration of bacterial infection inside the organism through the affected area, blood infection.
- Breathing disorder - inhalations inhalation of hot air and smoke can cause damage to the respiratory tract.
- Hypothermia (strong decrease in body temperature) - The skin is a body that performs the function of thermoregulation, therefore, with significant damage, strong heat loss can be observed.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Hypovolemia (reduction of blood volume) - develops when injuries of blood vessels and loss of fluid, is expressed in insufficient blood supply to the affected tissues.
Increased intestinal - occurs with extensive and strong burns. :
- Local complications
- Keloid scars are gross formations that are outstanding over the skin arising from the growth of connective tissue when healing burn wounds.
- The restriction of the mobility of the joints and bones is observed with strong burns next to the joints, including when healing the wounds, when scar tissue is formed.
Scrapy is a dead rigid tissue that looks like a crust.
First assistance in burns
- With burns, first aid is as follows:
- Start the process of tissue traumatization: if the burn is formed under the influence of the flame, it must be extended (with the help of water or thumping the blanket from above), and with the victim to remove clothes, during a chemical burn, the affected area is thoroughly washed with cool water.
- Cool the injured skin with cold water (ice is not recommended to apply, they can be aggravated by damage).
- If the burn is small, the skin around it is treated with alcohol (in order to avoid the infection), and the damaged area itself is treated with anti-foam ointment (or cream).
- In the presence in the wound, it is washed with saline.
With strong burns, the victim wrapped in a clean fabric and deliver to the medical institution.
- Burns 1-2 degrees can be treated independently at home. In case of damage to the third and more extent, it is necessary to consult a doctor. Also professional medical care is required:
- With damage to the respiratory organs, areas of the face, perineum, joints.
- Children, pregnant women, elderly patients.
- If the burn is caused by the effect of electricity.
With poor patient well-being.
- Obtaining first assistance in burns, it is impossible:
- To carry out any actions, not making sure that the safety factors are influenced by the affected chemical factors, you must first put on the gloves if the burn is electric - to de-energize the space to not be injured, etc.
- For a long time to influence the damaged area with cold water, as it can provoke the development of hypothermia.
- Apply oil to burn.
- In severe damage, apply any local drugs before visiting the doctor.
Open the resulting blisters.
Important! Bubbles with transparent liquid inside often occur with 2 degree burns. Such a blister is not sealed - liquid through micro-facility gradually goes out. Accordingly, by these damage inside the bubble can penetrate infection. Therefore, during the restoration of the tissues, it is very important to process the blister with antiseptic and wound healing agents. In this case, the wound inside the bubble will not be inflated, but will begin to delay the new skin. After some time (1-2 weeks), the shell of the blister is dried and they will come. In their place you will find a spot of light pink color. This young skin is still very vulnerable. So that it fastened faster, you should use drugs (creams, ointments), accelerating regeneration.
If infection penetrates inside the blister, then inflammation will be developed, in many cases it is purulent. This will slow down the recovery process and can lead to the formation of a scar. In some cases, inflammation is accompanied by a feverish state. If you have a pathological process on the spot of burn, you need to immediately consult a doctor!
The doctor estimates the depth and area of tissue damage. Depending on the results of the inspection, urine and blood tests can be assigned, radiography.
- The victims of the fire may have intoxicating combustion and damage to carbon monoxide gas (swelling, tissue injury, soot). Their symptoms are manifested for several hours (sometimes minutes): respiratory disorder, cough with sputum. To identify such pathologies are carried out:
- Endoscopic study of the upper respiratory tract.
Radiography of the chest (to estimate the state of the lower respiratory tract).
Skin Burn: Treatment
- Patients with third and fourth degree burns are hospitalized. In case of damage to the first and second degree, drugs, disinfection surface and accelerating healing are used:
- Mazi - they have not only antimicrobial and regenerating, but also an anesthetic effect.
- Gels - combine the properties of an antiseptic agent intended for primary processing of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and anti-spoke ointments (accelerate healing, relieves unpleasant sensations).
- Creams - accelerate the restoration of tissues, prevent the formation of scars.
Spray - apply under significant damage when touching the skin (which cannot be avoided when applying ointments and creams) causes pain.
Important! Also used special anti-rim dressings. They are already impregnated with antiseptic and painkillers.
Choose local drug drugs even with non-linkages are recommended using a doctor or pharmacist.
After burns, the scars often remain. The burns of 1-2 degrees with proper care of the damaged area in the recovery period and the absence of infection in the wound often pass without a trace. And if after them, the scars are formed, then physiological (normal) - neat, not protruding over the surface of the skin of the scars. Over time, they become almost invisible. After burns above 2 degrees, hypertrophic and keloid scars are usually left. They arise in the pathological growth of connective tissue and look very unattractive. Hypertrophic scars are coarse, dense, with a buggy surface. They rise above the skin level, but do not protrude for the contours of the wound. Keloid scars are tumor-shaped growths that go beyond the boundaries of the wound. They are prone to further growth. Capable to the patient discomfort: itching and pain.
If scars formed on the place of burns, cosmetological and surgical methods are applied. Minor scars smooth with chemical peels. The protruding scars can be eliminated by cryodestruction - freezing with liquid nitrogen. Scars on the face are most often smoothed with diamond or laser grinding. With coarse keloid scars, surgical treatment is carried out. Education excised, apply seams. At the site of the keloid scar, a more imperceptible, even and narrow scar is formed. After the operation, the area exposed to surgical intervention is treated with drugs that prevent the connective tissue reproduction.
If you got a burn, and you need treatment, please contact Polyclinic Otradnaya! You will be given the necessary assistance in a timely manner, and you can avoid the development of complications.
Burn is damage to the skin as a result of exposure to high temperatures. Burns are treated equally regardless of their cause.
The burn occurs when contact with a flame or a hot object, for example, an iron, as well as with caustic chemicals and electric shock. The burns are very painful and can lead to the appearance of bubbles filled with liquid, the skin can be charred, refund or redden.
- Burns arise in the following cases:
direct contact S.something
- hot - fire, hot water or steam;
- The impact of the radiated heat from the external source, for example, the Sun;
- The impact of certain chemicals;
friction in which the subject or surface is often in contact with the skin.
Every year in Russia more than 500 thousand people fall into hospital with various burns. Thousands of people are addressed to emergency reception. Burn can be treated at home if it is not heavy. With a slight burn, hold it clean and do not pierce bubbles. With more severe burns, professional medical care will need.
Symptoms of burns
Symptoms of burns will depend on their severity. Some minor burns can be very painful, while serious burns may not cause any pain.
- Symptoms of burn:
- Redness of the skin;
- peeling of the skin;
White or charred skin.
The intensity of the pain that you feel does not always depends on the severity of the burn.
- Your skin is the largest body body. It has many features, including it acts as a barrier between the inner medium of the body and the environment and regulates the body temperature. Your skin consists of three layers:
- Epidermis (outer layer of your skin) 0.5-1.5 mm thick. It is 5 layers of cells, which are gradually moving towards the surface as dead cells are extended for about once every 2 weeks.
- Derma (located under the epidermis layer of fibrous fabric) has a thickness of 0.3-3 mm. And consists of 3 types of fabric. There are hair bulbs and sweat glands in the dermis, as well as small blood vessels and nerve endings.
Subcutaneous fatty tissue (the last layer of fat and fabric) has a different thickness. It has large blood vessels and nerves. This layer adjusts the temperature of your skin and body.
Types of burns
Burns are classified according to the degree of damage. There are 4 main types of burns. Epidermis superficial burns (I degree).
Your skin is blushing, slightly swells and hurts, but bubbles do not occur. Superficial roots of dermis (II degree).
Your skin will acquire a pale pink shade, will be sick, small bubbles will appear. Deep burdes of dermis or partially deep burns (III degree).
With these types of burns, your skin will be red and thought-out. The skin can also be dry or wet, swollen and covered with blisters, it can hurt or not hurt at all. Deep burns (IV degree).
With deep burns, all three layers of the skin are damaged (epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous fatty tissue). When it burns this type, skin is often burning, and the fabric is pale under it or black. The remaining skin will be dry and white, brown or black without blisters. In its texture, the skin can also look like a doubled or look like wax.
Treatment of burns
With burns, it is necessary to provide relevant first aid as soon as possible. This will help avoid further skin damage.
- Follow the first aid guidelines below for burns:
- How quickly stop the burning process. For example, pull out a person out of the fire, put the flame with water or cover it with a blanket. Do not expose yourself to get burns.
- Remove clothes and jewelry next to the burnt area. But if something stuck to the skin, do not try to tear out, because the skin can suffer even more.
- Cool the burn is cool or slightly warm water for 10-30 minutes, ideally for the first 20 minutes after the burn occurred. It is forbidden to use ice, ice water and any creams and fat substances, such as butter.
- Wear yourself or a person who has gained burn. Use a blanket or several layers of clothing, but avoid contact with the burned area. This will help to avoid hypothermia, a decrease in body temperature below 35 ° C. It can happen when cooling a large burn area, especially in small children and older people
- Cover the burning film burn. Circuit burn with one layer of the food film, but do not turn it around the burned hand or legs. When burns, you can use a pure transparent plastic bag.
Pain with burns remove paracetamol or ibuprofen. Always read the instructions for the use of drugs that are released without a recipe. Children under 16 should not be given aspirin.
- After you have taken these actions, you must decide whether further medical care is required. Contact your doctor:
- with any chemical and electric burns;
- With large or deep burns - with any burn, more than the palm of the victim of the affected person;
- With deep burns of any sizes - with such burns, leather whites or charred;
With burns of II degree on face, hands, brushes, legs, feet or genitals - with such burns appear bubbles.
- Be sure to consult medical attention if:
- The resulting burner has other injuries, which should inspect the doctor, or if a person falls into a shock state (cold, sticky skin, sweating, frequent, shallow breathing, weakness or dizziness);
- Pregnant woman suffered;
- man over 60 or under 5 years old;
- The burnt has heart disease, lungs or liver or diabetes;
The victim has a weakened immune system, for example, due to HIV or AIDS, or because it passes chemotherapy from cancer.
If a person inhaled smoke or ditch gas, he should also consult a doctor. Some symptoms may appear later, for example, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, burned hair in the nose and burns on the face.
Electric shock burns
Although electric burns may not look heavy, they are very dangerous. With an electric burn, you must immediately cause ambulance.
If a person hit a current from a low voltage source (up to 220-240 V), for example, from a household power grid, it is safe to turn off the electricity or move the person away from the source of electricity using the material that is not conductive. It can be a wooden stick or chair.
Do not approach a person who touched the high voltage source (1000 V and more).
- Chemical burns can be very dangerous, so urgent medical care is required. If possible, find out what chemical has caused a burn and report this to the health worker. If you help another person, put on the appropriate means of protection and then:
- Remove the clothes on which the chemical has fallen, with a person who has gained burn;
- if the substance is dry, wrap it from the skin;
Under running water, wash off the residual residues of the chemical.
- With sunburn, follow these steps:
- If you notice signs of sunburn (the skin has flushed, heated and began to root), go to the shadow, and even better - under the roof.
- Take a cool bath or shower to cool the burned skin area.
- Apply to the burnt plot lotion after a tan to moisturize, cool and soften it. Do not use fatty and oily products.
- If the burn hurts, accept paracetamol or ibuprofen to remove pain. Always read the instructions for the use of funds and do not give aspirin to children under 16.
- Avoid dehydration, drink plenty of water.
Pay special attention to the possible signs of thermal depletion or thermal impact, in which the body temperature rises to 37-40 ° C or higher. Symptoms include dizziness, rapid pulse and vomiting. If a person with thermal exhaustion is quickly placed in a cool place, give water and unzipted clothes, for half an hour he must feel better. If this did not happen, he may have a heat blow. In this case, emergency medical care is required.
Call the ambulance number - 03 from a landline phone, 112 - from mobile and call ambulance.
Doctor's burn treatment
- The doctor will follow these steps:
- will rate the size and depth of the burn, examining it;
- Cleans the burn without damaging the surface of the bubbles;
- Close the burn with a sterile bandage by fixing it with a gauze bandage;
If necessary, give you an anesthetic (most often paracetamol or ibuprofen).
Depending on how the burn has occurred, you may be recommended to make a vaccination from the tetanus. For example, vaccination from the tetanus is shown if the earth got into the wound. A day later, the bandage will be examined to make sure that there is no signs of infection. The bandage will be replaced after 48 hours, then it is changed every 3-5 days until complete recovery.
- Consult a doctor in the following cases:
- The wound began to root or smell badly;
- You have a high temperature of 38º C or higher;
- The bandage wets from the fluid allocated from the wound;
The wound did not heal in 2 weeks.
Light burns usually pass about 14 days and almost do not leave tracks. Heavy burns are treated in the hospital, sometimes require intensive therapy and subsequent skin transplant.
Bubbles from burns
Expert opinions disagree in the matter what to do with bubbles that are formed during burns. And yet it is not recommended to calculate them. If you have bubbles after the burn, consult a doctor. Most likely, the doctor will not do anything with them, although in some burn bubbles bursts.
In some cases, it is done with a small hole with a needle to pump fluid. This process is aspiration and can be used with large bubbles or those bubbles that are most likely bursting. Your doctor will give you recommendations about what to do the burn surface and what type of dressing type to use.
If skin damage was caused by the exposure to solar radiation, in the first 2 years after the burn, you should not expose damaged by the skin exposure to direct sunlight, as bubbles may form from this. The skin is especially sensitive in the first year after the burn. It also applies to transplanted skin.
It is necessary to close this area with cotton clothing. With a burn on the face we carry a baseball cap or hat with wide fields. On all damaged areas of the skin, it is necessary to apply a tanning agent with a protection factor 50. Damaged areas of the skin can be stopped close from the Sun 3 years after the burn, but it is necessary to apply a tanning cream (protection factor 25 and higher) and avoid the midday sun.
Complications for burns
- Complications in burns include:
- shock state;
- thermal exhaustion and thermal blow;
- After severe injury, a person can go into a shock. A shock state (shock) is a life threatening condition that occurs as a result of a lack of oxygen in the body. After a hard burn, you can fall into shock. Symptoms and symptoms of shock:
- pale face;
- Cold or sticky skin;
- rapid pulse;
- frequent shallow breathing;
loss of consciousness.
Call the ambient number - 03 from a landline phone, 112 or 911 - from a mobile and call ambulance, if it seems to you that a person who has received a serious injury is shocked.
- While you are waiting for an ambulance:
- Lay the victim (if injuries allow) and lift his legs, putting them on the stand;
- Cover the injured coat or a blanket to warm it up, without closing faces and the burned area;
Do not let him eat and drink.
Thermal exhaustion and thermal blow
Thermal exhaustion and thermal blow - two diseases caused by heat, in which the body temperature rises to 37-40 ° C or higher.
Both thermal exhaustion and thermal blow can be very dangerous. Often they are caused by excessive exposure to sunlight or high temperature. Similarly, in a person who burned in the sun can arise thermal exhaustion and a thermal blow.
- Symptoms of thermal exhaustion and thermal impact:
- extreme weakness and decay of forces;
- dizziness and fainting;
- Cold or sticky skin;
- nausea or vomiting;
- muscle pain;
Pay special attention to the possible signs of thermal depletion or thermal impact, in which the body temperature rises to 37-40 ° C or higher. Symptoms include dizziness, rapid pulse and vomiting. If a person with thermal exhaustion is quickly placed in a cool place, give water and unzipted clothes, for half an hour he must feel better. If this did not happen, he may have a heat blow. In this case, emergency medical care is required.
Disoorites in space and time.
Wounds can inflame if bacteria fall into them. If a blister has burst on a burn, an infection may fall into it if you do not contain a burn clean. With any burns, as a result of which blisters appear, contact the doctor.
- Signs of infection of the wound:
- It has an unpleasant feeling, it hurts or badly smells;
- You have a high temperature of 38º C or higher;
You have appeared signs of phlegmon, disease caused by bacteria, which causes redness and swelling of the skin.
Contact your doctor immediately if it seems that the burn is infected. The infection is usually treated with antibiotics, and if necessary, pain relief means. In rare cases, infected burn may cause blood infect (sepsis) or infectious-toxic shock. These are severe diseases, and if they are not treated, they can lead to a fatal outcome. Signs of sepsis and infectious-toxic shock: high temperature, dizziness and vomiting.
- The scar is a dense formation in the form of a stain or line that remains after wound healing. Most often after insignificant scars burns almost remain. You can reduce the risk of scar formations after wound healing, performing the following actions:
- Apply 2-3 times a day with a softening agent, for example, water-based cream or emulsion cream;
Use a tanning agent with a high protection factor to protect the damaged skin area from the rays of the sun.
What doctor to contact the burn?
If the condition of the person who has gained burn is satisfactory, and the area and the depth of the skin damage is insignificant, use our service to find the nearest trauma, where you will be the first help. In the future, your treatment will be engaged in a common surgeon in a clinic or private clinic.
If urgent medical care is required, call an ambulance calling from mobile 911, 112 or from a landline phone - 03. In this case, you may need help within a specialized combstiological clinic (burn center) under the guidance of a combstigologist, choose which you You can on our website, having read the reviews.
How to determine the degree of burns
The burn is called injury of the body obtained by interacting with high temperature, chemicals, electric current or radiation. With such injury, leather and fabric are damaged under it and destroy. Injuries occur in everyday life and at work, so everyone does not prevent anyone about the rules for first aid for burns before the arrival of physicians. It is important to quickly navigate and know what means can be used in burns, and the use of which is unacceptable. Correct actions slow down the destructive process, which will speed up the process of recovery.
- The choice of what to do with a burn will depend on the degree of injury. Allocate four degrees of burn wounds:
- I - superficial damage to the epidermis and dermis;
- II - border burns when the skin is deeply amazed, but the harsh and sweat glands, hair follicles are not damaged;
- III - deep damage with complete lesions of the skin, often with the spread to subcutaneous fatty tissue, muscle and bone tissue;
IV - leather sacrifice, muscles and tendons, up to bones. Destroyed fabrics are melted and gradually rejected in a few weeks. The healing process is very long.
The severity of the burn wound is determined by its depth and square. The first depends on the duration and temperature of aggressive impact, as well as timeliness of assistance to the victim.
- Upon admission of a person with strong burns in the hospital, doctors evaluate the damaged area according to the "Rule of Nine", separating the body into zones, each of which in percentage expression is 9, respectively:
- Head and neck -9%;
- Each hand is 9%;
- Each leg is 18%;
- front + rear of the body - 36%;
And on the crotch accounts for the remaining 1%.
Rules for the first prefigure help upon receipt of the burn
The first medical care for burns is necessary to provide as quickly as possible. First of all, it is important to stop the action of the aggressive agent, if possible, remove clothes and decorations from the affected area. It is strictly not allowed to remove and calculate bubbles, forcibly separating foreign bodies adhered to the skin (splashes of molten metal and plastic, fragments of clothing, etc.).
During the first 10-15 minutes, damaged by the skin with flowing cold water should be cooled. So you can prevent burn deepening. In addition, due to cooling, pain and swelling are reduced. The victim give an analgesic agent and an antihistamine drug. Prior to the arrival of emergency care, he needs to drink non-carbonated mineral water or the usual one, with a previously dissolved 1 tsp. Salts and 0.5 h. l. Soda per 1 liter of water.
Features of first aid in the first minutes at different types of burns
Depending on what the burn is caused, the action to pronounce the first prefigure for burns will be different.
Ferry boiling water
With a small, but deep damage you need to put an exhaled place under the flow cold water for 10 minutes and call the doctor. Do not use ointments and other external means.
This is usually a small but deep burn (I-II degree). Under the crane with cold water to cool the damaged plot, wait for a doctor to determine the depth and degree of damage. It does not need to burn this type of burning.
Typically, it is burns of I degree, very rarely - II. Act similar to the first two points: cool with water 10 minutes, drink antihistamine to avoid edema and painkillers. Do not use ointment and folk treatment methods.
Remove chemicals from leather, remove interfering clothing. Rinse under the crane for 10 minutes. It is not recommended to wipe with wet napkins, it is forbidden to use ointments and homemade recipes without consulting a doctor. Currently, antidots do not apply for the treatment of such burns.
Traces remain in the fields of the input and outlet of the electric current from the body. Negings are small, but very deep. First de-energize the current source, then immediately turn to a specialist. You can not lubricate damage.
The plant with caustic juice causes the I-II degree burns that resemble damage from chemicals. It should be removed from the skin of the juice of the plant, rinse under the crane, nothing to smear the place of damage and consult a doctor.
Iron, hot subject
Usually it is thermal burns of II-IV degree. Place a damaged area under the cold water stream for 10 minutes, attach a dry dressing. It is forbidden to use ointment, apply ice, use folk remedies.
In each of the listed cases, it is recommended as an effective prefigure assistance to the imposition of the brunch bandage to the scene of the burn, and on top of it - a non-woven napkin MedicalP with a subsequent fixation of the beange-haft.
What exactly can not be done upon receipt of burns
- Trying to give first aid upon the burn, on ignorance some exacerbate the nature of damage and harm the victim. Doctors strongly recommend doing the following:
- smearing the damaged area with fat, since the film formed will not cool the wound;
- remove clothes sticking to burn;
- handle wound with soda or vinegar;
- lubricate the burned area with iodine, green, alcohol-containing compositions;
- apply ice, as this will lead to a narrowing of blood flow vessels and impaired;
- Apply ointment from the burn before cooling the fabrics;
- punch formed bubbles;
- put the wound with the plaster;
Giving injured alcoholic beverages, strong coffee and tea.
What burns and how to treat at home
Only a doctor is engaged in the treatment of burns! The houses are allowed only to provide first help with the first degree skin burn. We are talking about the situations where the wound area is not more than 5%, while the genitals and head are not affected.
- If you list all the procedures briefly, the first assistance in burns at home consists of the following steps:
- Cooling the damaged area with water.
- Branglent overlay.
- On top of the dressing imposition of a non-woven napkin MedicalP.
Fixation of the place of damage to the beante-hood.
It should be remembered that only the doctor can determine the severity of the defeat and say for sure how to treat burns at home. If necessary, the victim is hospitalized.
How to remove pain in a burn
Since no one is insured against the danger of burning, it is necessary to clearly understand what to do with a burn and what first help to have. The actions on the provision of first prefigure help will depend on the causes that caused the burn.
As first aid for burns that cause severe pain to facilitate the suffering of the patient, it is possible to give it a tablet of an anesthetic. With small damages, accompanied only to redness of the skin or the formation of small transparent bubbles with a size of no more than 5 cm in diameter, it is recommended to cool the injured plot by placing it under a stream of flowing cold water for 10 minutes to prevent the lesions of the tissues located more deeply. After cooling the affected tissues, the necessary first help should be provided by processing the scene of the burn with a special means. It is also desirable to refer to the doctor's doctor to get a professional advice on the methods of treatment that contribute to the rapid burning of the burn.
In more severe cases, medical care should be treated as soon as possible, since the delay is fraught with severe complications for the body, up to the threat of life to the victim.
In which cases you need to seek medical care
- Immediate appeal to the first medical care during burns is required in the following cases:
- The child or an elderly man suffered;
- when burning face, respiratory tract, inguinal area;
- with the first cutting degree, if the lesion area is quite extensive - more than 10% of the body;
- with a second degree of lesion, if the injured plot takes about 1% of the body surface;
- at the third and fourth contract degrees;
- with a burn having a chemical or electrical cause;
- If it is impossible to remove pain syndrome;
- when pollution of the wound of the earth;
- In any case, if the patient lost consciousness;
With increasing body temperature and general ailment.
For the treatment of strong burns of heavy degrees, the victim should be placed in the burn office. It is necessary in a short time to stop pain shock and prevent the occurrence of complications.
It must be remembered that burns of even weak degrees can be deadly, if a large surface area of the body is affected.
Methods of treating burns
Medical assistance in the treatment of burns is aimed at restoring the affected fabrics. In order to remove pain syndrome and speed up the regeneration process, special means are used. It should be remembered that when providing first aid with a burn, it is important for the first thing to carefully disinfect your hands. To do this, you can use the antiseptic means for the "Sterillum" hands.
After that, the scene must be covered with an invalid antiseptic bandage "Branulond N" with a Peruvian balm. It has a large-scale structure in which the separated from the wound is well absorbed, and Peruvian balsam will accelerate healing. The bandage can be on the wound up to three days, and therefore the dressing will not cause the victim of great concern. For reliable and careful fixation of the bandage on the wound, a sterile plaster with a soft absorbent vapor-permeable pad "Cosmopor E" is used. It is attached to the body thanks to hypoallergenic glue and reliably protects the place of damage from contamination and mechanical exposure.
To provide first assistance in burns in case of minor damage, the bandage can also be fixed with a transparent patching bandage "Hydrophilm Plus". Its absorbing pad does not stick to the wound. A transparent polyurethane film has water-repellent properties, which means that the bandage will not dare even during the reception of the soul.
To fix the absorbent dressings in the joint area or on other rounded parts of the body, the self-locking bandage "Pecha Hraft" is used. He does not shine movements, is firmly held on the body. To fix the dressings, just 1.5-2 revolutions of the bandage. The bandage does not stick to the skin and hair, completely hypoallergenic (in the composition does not contain latex). When fixing with a bandage: "Branulond H" is superimposed on the wound on top of a sterile absorbing bandage ("MedikomP") and further fixation by the "Pechan Hraft" bandage.
If the funds described above are not at hand, the question will arise: how to treat burns at home? To provide first aid in burns, you can use the means that almost always have in a home first aid kit: sterile napkins ("MedicomP"), diluted to a concentration of less than 1% hydrogen peroxide, furacilin, mormistine. The hydrogen peroxide solution can be soaked with a gauze napkin, which is applied to the wound for a short time. Furacilin has disinfecting properties and can be used to purify the wound before applying the anti-spare means. Be sure to consult a doctor before applying any means.
It is the opinion that the first degree burns do not require any treatment, and for the processing of the affected area, you can use the screwdrivers, such as the skin and sour cream. However, following such advice will bring more harm than good. We want to once again draw your attention to the fact that, providing first assistance in burns, you only need to use medical products specially designed for this purpose. Funds cooked by popular recipes can help secondary infection and slow down burns.
How much will be healing
The time of healing depends on the type of burn, the depth and degree of damage, the state of the immune system of the victim, as well as the methods of treatment.