Pedal for synthesizer
Many musicians begin to play on a synthesizer without pedal and connect it only with time. In fact, this item is better to learn exactly at the beginning of training. So it will be easier to use the pedal in the future in the performance of various compositions. It is important to choose a suitable model to play it easily and convenient.
What is needed for?
The pedal for the synthesizer is not the first necessity, however, allows you to make the sound more complete and deep. When you click on it, the strings inside the tool will not muffle. As a result, you can hear the name after the notic. Sustaine allows you to extend the sound, make it more expressive.
Pedal sustain for the synthesizer allows you to maintain sound. Such an element makes notes longer. The sound does not stop after the pianist removes the finger from the synthesizer keys. In this case, the pedals differ in design and material.
Metal model has a greater margin of safety. The lower part has a plate that prevents the sliding pedal on the floor. So the game becomes more comfortable. The accessory itself is compact and visually similar to the one that stands at standard piano.
Triple and double models are usually intended for a specific musical instrument. So, the Console from Yamaha is suitable for several synthesizers of the same brand. The principle of operation is the same as Piano pedals.
- The universal version is usually used by the owners of several synthesizers of different production. The accessory will allow you to reproduce various classic timbres and complex compositions.
All kinds have their own characteristics. Thus, plastic pedals are the simplest and quickly fail, which is compensated for by the available price.
When teaching children, it is better to use a metal model with a non-slip pad. It is more comfortable and does not cause difficulties.
How to choose?
Pedal Sustein allows the musician to diversify his game. Many manufacturers offer high-quality details that serve not one year. When choosing it will have to take into account the set of nuances not to disappoint into the pedals. At the same time, some factors affect only comfort, while others are reflected on the quality of the game. Selection criteria can be several.
Feature design. The housing itself can be in the form of a button or repeat a piano pedal. At the same time, this does not affect the principle of work at all. However, heavily affects comfort. If the musician previously played the piano, then you need to take a piano model.
Wire length. If the synthesizer is located on the top tier of the stand, then the cord for the connection must be quite long. Standard size may simply not be enough.
The effect of the semi-feet. Usually only 2 modes are provided: pressed and pressed. However, there are models that allow smooth motion to select an intermediate version. Pedemmpic pedals duplicate sustains from real acoustic piano. Such models are more expensive and do not work with all the synthesizers. However, the sound is obtained more diverse.
The number of pedals on the console. The standard synthesizer is enough for an ordinary single model. More complex options with 2-3 pedals are released for specific tools. The choice in this case depends exclusively from the synthesizer.
Ability to change polarity. It happens that the pedal extends the sound when it is not clamped. If this happened when connecting, it means the polarity of the part and the synthesizer do not coincide. There can be only 2 modes of operation: normally open and closed. Some synthesizers allow you to change the polarity, however, in simple models there are no such option. That is why it is much better to take a pedal with such a switch.
Cost. Such an accessory for the synthesizer is usually quite affordable. With active and regular use, they may fail.
The accessory can also be used not only in classic piano timbers. Pushing sound or chord on pedals allows you to free your arms. And also such a detail makes the game more lively and interesting.
When choosing it is worth considering the features of the synthesizer and the comfort of the musician.
How to use?
When the pedal is pressed, the sound of the note will continue even after the musician releases the key. There are several ways to implement the capacity of the accessory. Usually, the clamp is produced along with the key by pressing the key or with a slight delay. As soon as the pedal is pressed, the sound is muffled. The method of using the musician accessory chooses itself depending on the composition and its own preferences.
How to increase sustain
SUNEIN (from English Sustain - maintain, delay, continue) - the duration of the oscillation of the sound wave, the third of the four phases of the formation of sound (attack, decline, sustain, extinction). Sustein has a significant impact on the formation of the tool timbre. Although this phenomenon is inherent with almost all tools, the guitarists pay special attention to him.
You will need
- - guitar;
- - amplifier;
- - Processors effects.
Sustaine appears in the event that the oscillating body (string, for example) does not stop moving immediately, and vibrates for a few seconds or longer. For example, if you put a terry towel on the strings and pull them, the sound will almost immediately go out. If the sound delay is almost absent, check the distance between strings and other guitar elements. The sounding body should not come into contact with anything.
This is especially true of electric guitar equipped with magnetic elements, i.e. Mascakes. Entering contact with their field, the string loses inertia and stops quickly. Therefore, to increase sustain to lower them down. Strings can be raised, but do not abuse: too high the position will complicate the game, you have to make too much effort.
Additional sustaine gives the stiffness of the string support, that is, the threshings and bridge. The softer these elements, the less time the sound is. Pay attention from which material they are made. If necessary, think about replacing firmware.
Tremolo systems also affect the duration of sound. For the most part, they reduce sustaine (in particular, Floyde Rose and Tune-O-Matic). Fender gives a fairly long sustain, but the perfect option is a game without tremolo.
The duration of sound depends on the material of the case, that is, the varieties of wood. For example, a rigid red tree due to its high density absorbs the minimum amount of string oscillations. As a result, sustain increases.
The ideal option for creating a maximum increase in sustain - heavy metal, like cast iron. However, with an increase in this parameter, the guitar sound loses the liveliness, soul, individual timbre. Therefore, each performer is looking for its balance between the delay and the "soul".
- How to set up a small drum
- How to increase body growth
- How to increase the power of a pneumatic rifle
- How to improve bass
- What is the difference in stalagamit
- What is hysteresis loop
- How to increase low frequencies
- How to increase tire frequency
- How to increase the size of the hand
- How to awaken your sexuality
- How to restore the mobility of the joints
- How to accelerate the growth of the mustache
- How to change the speed of reading disks
- How to enlarge battery life in HTC
- How to increase current frequency
- How to increase the speed of the bike
- How to increase cluster size
- How to remove processor acceleration
- How to overclock Winchester
- How to increase the thickness of the hair
- How to enlarge shoulders
- How to increase the waist
In Wikipedia, only something about physics.
In Wikipedia, everything is human and in Russian described
Long sound wave.
The wavelength depends directly from its frequency and does not apply to sabj.
If you explain clearly, sustain is the maximum duration of one note.
Here we bacnoiled on one open string on the strategy - the string vibrates, let's say, 5 seconds.
Batznuli in an open string on a through guitar - string vibrates, for example, 10 seconds.... and added:
Bohtvaroh, "The duration of Sastein depends only on the sound-speaking element, as a result - from the will of the musician" It's not about the will that makes you spend 2000-3000 $ for a good guitar?
There is such an ancient and secret technique, keep a note as much time with the help of vibratto
How to choose a sustain pedal
What is Sustain Pedal and is it necessary for your synthesizer? What company and which modification of the pedal to choose - after all, their range is so rich and diverse? Let's try to find answers to these important questions.
What gives a sustain pedal
How easy it is to guess from her name, the sustain pedal is a device that gives sustain - that is, it allows to increase the duration of notes. When the pedal is activated, the sound of the synthesizer keys will be heard even after it is released. This option gives us the effect of polyphony in the sound of the tool, making it more complete, volumetric and expressive.
With a large number of simultaneously sounding notes, it is necessary to take into account them all so that it is not to add to them wrong and not break into the cavo. Therefore, inexperienced keyboard drivers should use sustaine neatly and moderately, especially at concerts. Of course, the synthesizer can be played at all without this pedal. But most of the keyboard players are used - the competent use of sustain allows you to bloom the sound with bright colors. Moreover, this process is not difficult for those who received at least the initial musical education on the keyboard base.
Important moments in the acquisition of sustain pedals
When buying it is worth focusing on the following options Pedal Sustaine:
- 1) Type of pedal. It can be a button or piano. Work both push-button and piano pedals are the same, the difference between them consists only in shape. The choice between them is the work of your personal tastes and habits. We are accustomed to playing acoustic keyboard tools, most likely, a piano type pedal will be preferable.
- 2) Cord length. If you plan to connect a pedal to a synthesizer, which is located in the keyboard rack at the top, then the standard cord may not be enough. If possible, it is better to immediately buy a longer one.
- 3) The effect of the semi-follower. As a rule, the pedal has only two states, "there is a sustain" when the button is pressed and the "no sustain" when pressed, without any transient modes and the functions of gradual inclusion. However, there are polytempic devices that fully copy the behavior of the "analog", mechanical sustain pedal of ordinary acoustic piano. If you are a master of fine use of sustaine, perfectly mastered the technique of its use on an acoustic keyboard tool - it is possible that such a pedal is suitable for you. However, the devices with the mixture effect have its own minuses: they are much more expensive than ordinary, and have the ability to conjugate far from all models of synthesizers.
- 4) Pedals can be both single and double or triple. Single perform only one function - sustain itself. The functionality of double and triple pedals is wider and can be different. They are just as suited for some models of keyboard tools.
- 5) Polarity switch. When the device is connected to the synthesizer, it may sometimes be so that sustain works on the contrary - off when the pedal is pressed and turned on when it is released. This means that different polarity modes are configured in the instrument and in pedals. Sometimes the opposite mode can be enabled in the synthesizer settings, but this function is far from all models. To avoid this situation, it is more reliable to buy a pedal with a polarity switch - then you can be sure that the polarity coincides with any tool in it.
- 6) price. In general, with the exception of some particularly exclusive modifications, Sustain's pedals are quite inexpensive and in the cost are not significantly different. And this is a certain plus, since with an active constant application, the device from time to time will have to be changed to a new one. It can be said that sustain pedals are for keyboard players with the same consumable material as strings and mediators for guitarists and bass players or plastic and sticks for drummers.
The effect of sustaine is used not only during the game in classic piano timbers. Holding chord or separate notes by foot pedal foot, the keyboard player gets the opportunity to play other musical phrases - for example, notes painted with other effects, or a batch of another tool. With the help of sustain pedals, you can combine among themselves for the perception of the listener, or, on the contrary, to separate different parts of the musical compositions from each other.
Do you need a sustain effect? What new shades will bring it to your game, complicate or simplify it? What modification of sustain pedal will be the best for you? The correct answers to these questions depend on a variety of factors - your preferences and tastes, experience, keyboard skills, musical thinking. Try, create, look for a new version and in sound, and you will certainly find your game and suitable effects.
You can purchase a pedal HERE
You doubt whether to buy Sutty-pedal for keyboard tools ? Do not know which model to choose from the whole manifold on the music market? Let's try to figure it out together.
Why do you need a sustain pedal
So, the musicians who learned to play on the acoustic piano know that the sustain pedal increases the duration of the sound of notes. When the pedal is pressed, the sound of the string is not muted, so after releasing the key heard the victory. Undoubtedly, the sustain pedal is not the need for a keyboard player, but it gives the tool a special expressiveness and completeness of the sound.
The sounds that you continue to keep on the pedals are loaded by the polyphony of your tool. This is especially important to consider when using midi sequencer, in which several independent parties are recorded using sustain pedals.
If you do not use the classic piano timbers, the sustain pedal will help you to free your hands, "shifting" part of the work on your feet.
What should pay attention to the purchase of Sustain's pedals?
one. Pedal type: push-button or piano type . In terms of functionality, they are absolutely identical. This is a matter of personal preference. If you are accustomed to playing the piano, then the piano type pedal is suitable.
Sustain pedals: push-button and piano type
2. Cord length. If you use a pedal for a tool located on the top tier of the keyboard rack, then you will need a long cord, instead of standard.
Sutty Pedal from Stagg with Long Cord
3. The presence of the effect of the coopiedal . Usually sustain pedals have only two modes: "pressed" and "pressed", without intermediate options and the possibility of smooth pressing. Although there are half-empther pedals, for example, STAGG SUSPED 10, which performs the functions of the "real" sustain pedal, like an acoustic piano. Naturally, the pedals of this type are more expensive and have a number of restrictions in use, for example, the ability to work only with certain models of keyboard tools.
Sutty Pedal Stagg Susped 10
4. Single, double or triple pedals. For conventional synthesizers, a simple single pedal is suitable, as its function is unambiguous - sustain. But the double and triple pedals are produced, usually, for a specific model of electrophane. Therefore, in this case, the choice completely depends on the type of your keyboard tool.
5. Presence of polarity switch. If you have connected the pedal to the tool, and it works "on the contrary," gives an effect in the lowered position, then the polarity mode in which the pedal works, does not coincide with the polarity mode of your tool. There are two modes in total: normally open and normally closed. Sometimes you can change the mode inside the keyboard tool, but not all models support this option. Therefore, it is better to acquire a pedal with a built-in polarity switch - then it will definitely suit the tool of any manufacturer. Polarity switch is in models such as M-Audio SP-2, Fzone SP-1, Force PS-1.
Polarity Switch in Sustain Pedal from Stagg
6. Pedal price. Since sustain pedals are inexpensive keyboard accessories, their price does not play a big role when choosing a model. If you actively use a pedal, then be prepared for the fact that it will have to be periodically changed. Therefore, the pedals for the keyboard player are a kind of consumable, like drum chopsticks or plastics for the drummer.
A few more words about choosing
So, the Pedal sustain can and should be applied not only when using classic piano timbers. Climbing the sound or chord on the pedals, you free your hands for the performance of other sounds, parties or tools. Using the pedal, you combine with its help individual musical phrases, share them, let go of the pedal.
Do you need a podal sustain? What will it change in your performance? What model will be the best for you? Answers to these questions will give you only your practice and experience of playing keyboard tools using sustain pedals. Try, experiment and you will achieve better performance and sound!
Good day. In this article I want to tell about the manufacture of one very interesting device, expanding the possibilities of the usual electric guitar. After reading the name, many I think wondered, but what is this sustainer? Before you give an answer to this question, let's first figure it out with what sustain is. Wikipedia gives a very poor answer to this question:
Sustein (eng. Sustain) - the duration of the recovered note of the notes.
Very meager. In general, this is true, but sustain is not just a duration of sound, in fact it is a whole parameter of many musical instruments. For the most part of those whose sound removal is due to stretched strings - guitar, piano. If simply, sustain is how the note will sound for a long time, after you push the string / press the key. Piano, due to the long string length, has a very large sustain, such that this tool even introduced its limiter (damper), which is managed by the first and medium pedal. The guitar has a significantly smaller Menzure, this sustain in the guitars is very valued. The higher the sustain - the more deep, the "singers" sound is published by a guitar. The sustain guitar largely depends on its design and quality of manufacture, and from good transmission of vibrations along the string-corpus-housing string circuit. It is on this that there are Soviet acoustic guitars who have to be attached to the bolt to the body, and the transmission of vibrations at the same time does not have such unique sound. Accompical guitars having a resonator chamber, possess the greatest sustain, for obvious reasons. Electric guitars, the body of which is a solid array, have a significantly smaller sustain. Something averages are semi-acoustic guitars that combine the qualities of both are popular with jazz and blues performers. Electric guitars with a solid array and low sustain, of course, do not just do it, in aggressive styles, sustain is over the other hand, since "smears" notes, and with a low sustain guitar sounds tight and powerful. Although it all depends on the style. For example, the secret of the incredibly long sound of the notes of Steve Waa is precisely in the sustainer. But what should I do if you want to have a metal density of metal and the softness of jazz or steven jazz? Professional guitarists usually have several guitars, for each of these goals. But this is a professional, and how to be an ordinary guitarist man? Here and enters the role of sustainer.
And so, the sustainer is an electrical device that increases the sustaine electric guitar. How it works: The signal from the guitar sensors is fed to the amplifier (built into the guitar). The enhanced signal is sent to a special device - driver, as if the sensor is the opposite. In contrast to the sensor, the driver does not convert the disturbance of the magnetic field into an electrical signal, but on the contrary, it creates an alternating magnetic field of the same frequency with which the string fluctuates. Thus, an infinite sustain can be achieved, the duration of which depends only on the charge of the battery. What is it for? I think already clearly, expand the capabilities of the electric guitar. For example, you can get a sound similar to an electro-acoustic guitar, or to achieve a popular effect in heavy music - "start" the guitar, which is possible only when playing through powerful equipment (the principle is the same, only oscillations are transmitted by air), and with this device - even when Rehearsal through headphones. In general, each guitarist I think myself will find interesting features, for example, with a slow game, we can get a kind of organ sound. Okay, we turn to the manufacture.
On my guitar installed two hambeker. Initially, Chinese sensors were stood, which I replaced on more expensive branded. Since I play, in the prevailing majority, on Bridgeov, I decided to sacrifice some, turning it into a paired single + driver. Although, you can buy a rail hambeker and put it instead of a single, without losing the functionality of the sensor. By the way, the driver must be installed as close as possible to the middle of the griff. If the design of the guitar allows you to make a thin small driver and install it back to the end of the grid. The design of my guitar does not allow, so I went to another way. A Chinese sensor was taken, which was bundled with a guitar, and disassembled.
A native winding is removed from one single.
In the middle of the bottom, the sing is cut into, after which the edges are processed by the downtile for a convenient winding.
And new coils are dangling. I took the wire for the coil from the burnt transformer.
Coils are wound in different directions. The thickness of the wire is not particularly critical, everything resumes in the size of the housing, optimally 0.2-0.3 mm. The thicker - the greater the density of the electromagnetic field, but also the less the resistance of the wire on the meter and the more the wires must be wind, respectively, more and the coil. With a very dense, the turn to the turn, the blade, the maximum will come out with a wiring of 0.4 mm on the standard size of the single. In general, it is necessary to repel from resistance - each coil must have a resistance of 4 ohms. Ideally, each coil should have the same number of turns, but I washed in a simple way, cleaned with insulation and checked resistance, as necessary / wounds.
The coils are connected in the antiphase, then the beginning of the coils are connected together, and the ends are connected to the diagram.
The coils themselves must be impregnated. You can dilute varnish, I just "traved" in paraffin.
If this does not make the driver, it will be very sad that it will not be very well affected by either at work, nor on sound in the end.
Next package. I put the fiberglass tubes on the conclusions (which later replaced the heat shrinking, too tough) and the driver itself was kept with a black scotch.
After that, the driver can be collected and installed back to the guitar.
The scheme is collected on the LM386 chip and is a conventional sound power amplifier, with the only difference, which is not a speaker, and the driver is connected as a load. The SK170 transistor is predetermined by the signal. The P3 potentiometer is regulated by the gain, thereby regulates the effect of sustain. A signal is sent to the board input either from a bridge sensor or from the sensor switch.
The board is installed in the guitar case instead of the volume control or the timbre, who is more useful. The board feeds from the "Crown type" battery. The inclusion of the circuit can be implemented in two ways: use the potentiometer with the built-in toggle switch or use the jack's socket to break the minus of the power, as is done in the rings. For the battery, it is best to install on the rear panel, which closes the decay of the electronics, here is such a holding.
Strip resistors P1, P2 and P4 circuit is configured under specifically your guitar and sensors. For this, first unscrew P3 per maximum, and then:
- Install P2 and P4 per maximum
- Install P1 to the maximum possible position at which the driver does not cook (without a signal)
- Doing the same with P2
- Now pull the strings and set up the same P4
An example of a sustainer work can be heard here (the record is borrowed on the Internet):
First, as usual, then harmonics. The harmonic mode is implemented by turning the coil (in the sense of its conclusions in places).
Download the archive with a printed circuit board here:Sustainer-S.RAR [7.8 KB] (downloads: 89)
In conclusion, I must say that there is a deficiencies in this design, these are "blind zones", on some notes as well as with a suspender 3 and 4 strings in the "Center" sustainer does not work. The first is due to the fact that the power of the sustanener is constant, and to squeeze the open sixth string is much easier than the first, squeezed somewhere on 20 Lada. In professional factory devices, this joint is corrected, but it is done by complex digital processing and dynamic adjustment of the driver's power under a specific note. The second I think it is clear, the string falls into the blind magnetic zone, where the field is least intense. It can already be fixed at home, making a more complex frame design. Also, such a driver cannot be used with the sensor in one case (in the sense of some) simultaneously, the driver creates strong fittings. This effect is significantly reduced if the coils are perpendicular to the strings plane and the sensor coil, it is also implemented in an improved design.
Now I just work with such a driver when I get the most good result I will make an update as an additional article. Also, in theory, the current PAM8403 power amplifiers can be used, leaving only the preamplifier from the diagram.
Answers to some alleged issues that may arise from a domestic guitarist who are not possessing knowledge of electronics:Is it possible to just wind one coil?
No, it will not work.Is it possible to use the sensor itself as a driver?
Not. The sensor resistance is about 10 com, and the driver is needed 8 ohms. And read the question 1.Is it possible to hide the driver with a sensor?
Well, firstly, just physically will not come out. This wire is very thin. Secondly, such a coil simply does not roll strings. Read above, the thickness of the wire - the better. In general, no.Can the driver work as a sensor?
Not. In it, it will not be enough enough EMF.
Become an author of the site, publish your own articles, descriptions of homemade with payment for text.Read more here